Thursday, August 28, 2008

New Projects

I have decided that it is time to challenge myself and stop being lazy. I have many things that I want to work on and get better at. The short list includes (mostly womanly duties) cooking, coupon cutting and budgeting, sewing, family history, exercising, and scrapbooking. Within all of these things are other things I want to learn, and the list goes on and on. So I have decided to focus on one thing at a time. For the month of September I will mainly be focusing on..... COOKING!

Cooking: I get really tired of eating the same things over and over again, while Greg seems to think we should eat rice and beans all the time to save money.

I have discovered that I am a recipe cook. I have to have a recipe to follow or I fall apart. I can't wing things like some blessed people. I have a hard time making hard boiled eggs because I don't have a recipe to tell me exactly how long the eggs should boil for, that's how pathetic my adventurous cooking is. So I accept that I have to have recipes. This is where all of you come into play..... I need new recipes!! You can either add them as a comment or email them to me at breonne_777@yahoo.com. The real challenge will be talking Greg into eating them!!

I have no problem trying new things although I will admit that if I have never made it before I get very nervous about making it. Also I am very scared of trying new ingredients that I have never heard of and don't know where to find them (or what they look like to begin with) in the grocery store. For example I finally managed to accidentally find wheat germ so I can now make some bread recipes with that in it, hurray! Mom, Dad, family, I love ya but you did a huge disservice to me by not teaching me how to cook!!

My goal is to try a new recipe every week so start giving me any that you like, and hopefully Greg will find one that he is willing to try! Also I plan to make lots of bread because we are both bread fanatics, so if you have any tips or recipes I would love them, I especially need Kim's recipe for her bread! Or if you know of any websites or books that are helpful send them my way. I'll keep ya posted if I find anything I just have to share.

Thanks for anything you contribute.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Sadly, I don't have anything to contribute because your post sounded like me 100%! I wish we'd known each other earlier, I think we could have been awesome friends! I just know you through this blog because you are "Greg's wife" but you seem rockin' awesome! Hey, feel free to pass any recipes my way...burlyangel@yahoo.com, I am trying to expand my horizons as well. I am a way picky eater, and neither Willis nor I really cook. We eat like three different meals and that's pretty much it. BORING! Hmmm...maybe I should do a post like you did. All of the things you listed I totally need to do. We are like the same person!!! Weird...

Good luck with getting recipes and accomplishing your goals. I think that is awesome.