Monday, August 10, 2009

Repeat Experience

Apparently scorpions love me!

Yesterday afternoon Axton was playing by our sliding glass door and he started crying. He was pointing to his knee and it was turning red but I thought he hit it on the door frame or something so I looked in the area to see what else it could be. I didn't see anything so I bent down and kissed his knee better. Then I placed my hand on the carpet to help stand up and ...... I got stung in the same stinking hand as before.

So Axton and I have both gotten to experience this wonder event. He is a champ though. I told myself that if he got stung I would be taking him to the ER to get the antivenom because of how bad it hurt me the first time. However this little scorpion didn't hurt anywhere near as bad as the first, maybe because I only got stung once instead of 3-4 times. Axton only cried for about a minute and to be honest he cries a lot harder when we tell him no than he did with being stung. I was very impressed. He let us put a cold compress on it and then he took a nap like usual, which according to poison control is a great thing. So poison control called us about 4 times over 6 hours to make sure we were doing ok and we were. Despite the numbness now it's wasn't so bad. It doesn't seem to have phased Axton at all which I am so grateful for. Now Greg just needs to experience the joys of this! Be grateful everyone that doesn't have scorpions sneaking into their houses! I am really hoping they will disappear now that we have sprayed and killed all their food.

No comments: