Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Well we wanted to say thank you to everyone that prayed/fasted for us just over a year ago with the whole baby issue thing. While we didn't get the result we wanted we did feel better about pursuing fertility treatments and we did that for a few months until life got too crazy. Obviously that didn't work. Then in December we felt good about getting certified for foster care, whether we actually would take in a child or not, was very much in the air. But it just created another option for us.

Needless to say the day we started the application process for it, we actually got the wonderful news we had been waiting for for 2 1/2 years. Yes pregnancy tests do work! Even dollar store ones!

When I took the first one I couldn't believe it and started crying. Then got myself together and convinced myself it was a fluke and took another one. This time I was believer! I called Greg and told him he'd be taking a beached whale to Hawaii with him come June, and he said he didn't care, he was so happy that he'd eat the money we've already spent and stay home if we had too! What a man!

We were able to have an ultrasound done right before christmas. How they find those pea sized babies I don't know. Had she not pointed it out I would never have known it was there.


I am so grateful that I've been given the opportunity to carry another baby. All of the stress of life seems to be lifted right now, and some always will be. I'm trying to enjoy every moment of it, although right now praying to the porcelain goddess all day every day is really trying my gratitude and happiness! I am looking forward to getting fat this go around and taking pictures, I only have 2 pictures from Axton :(. I'm also going into this pregnancy knowing that it could be my last and trying to be at peace with that. I'm just so grateful that Axton will have a sibling and that I will get to hold another baby of my own and see Greg with another baby. I can't wait for every milestone again, just like it's our first all over. My heart is full and I want to thank everyone who has been on this wild journey with us and supported us.

Now August needs to get here!

7 comments:

Amy Baker said...

I am so excited for you guys!! Congrats!!

Kylie said...

This is amazing news!! We tried for 1 and 1/2 years, so I can appreciate that roller coaster, it's one of the most trying things I've ever done. Good luck, it'll be fun to see what you're having!

Lindsey said...

Yay! Oh Bree! I'm so happy for you! I was tearing up while I read this! Congratulations! I'm so glad you get to have another baby!

Jacqueline Clark said...

Congratulations Bree! That is amazing! Your post gave me goosebumps, what a blessing. I can't wait to see that baby belly! You better post a TON of pictures! Congrats again!

Kimberly said...

I could not be more ecstatic! Congratulations Greg, Bree and Axton!

Kelsey Ann said...

HAPPY DAY!!! Bree I am so excited for you and Greg! Congratulations!!!!! It will be fun to see the progress of your tummy and hear all about your new little guy(or gal). I can't wait!
Much love from Oregon. Hope you are out of the sickness stage soon.
Oh, and I missed a Carribian Cruise last April because I was too pregnant with Thomas. I was so sad but I suppose a baby is worth it:) Tyler had fun without me and I got to enjoy his tan.

Michelle said...

I am so happy for your family. It brings tears to my eyes reading this post. It is so wonderful being pregnant and hitting all those milestones and anticipating another little one of your own. Congratulations!