Saturday, November 12, 2011

Trying to play catch-up

Well my house is almost clean for all of the coming guests in a week and half and so I have decided I can get back to trying to "catch up" on some other not so crucial things on my list, such as blogging and scrapbooking.

So we'll go back to October! I got a groupon for Vertuccio Farms and since it was only about $8 for all of us to go I figured it would be a fun Saturday activity. Especially since Saturdays with the family are getting fewer and farther apart. It seems like we are lucky if we have one a month, without any other obligations.

We've been here in the past, but this year they had more things to do and Axton was older and so he enjoyed most of it more. I always want to go because of the corn maze, but then I remember that this one isn't all that great compared to the ones I've been to. Add that to a husband who doesn't care for them all that much, a 4 year old who thinks it's too hot to walk (which it was... in the 90s still) and a path that you can't really maneuver a stroller through so you get to carry your sweaty sleeping baby.... yeah the corn maze was a bust, we made it about 10 minutes before exiting.

But at least there were other fun things to do and we were there right when it opened and so it wasn't crowded yet.

They have blow up horses for both adults and kids, everyone gets on and then races them around in a circle to see who wins. Luckily though no one else was there yet so Axton and Greg got to just play around. Axton kept falling over but it was fun to watch.




They also had pedal cars but even with the seat moved all the way forward Axton could just reach the petal (one at a time) but not move them so Greg rode with him a few times and other times he pushed him around while Axton steered. He's a little bit of a scary driver!



There was a "cow" that you could milk. Axton didn't really care for it but allowed me a few shots of him trying anyways.



His 2nd favorite activity there was the bean bag toss. They would have stayed there all day if it wasn't for me wanting to explore!



Greg convinced me to make a fool out of myself and show off how weak I've become. I was lucky to get it past a 6, oh well. They had a kid one as well but I didn't get pictures of Axton doing it.



Then it was on to everyone's favorite: the air pillow. We had never been on one before but it was a blast. Greg tried to bounce me high enough to reach the netting over top but the landing wasn't very friendly so I chickened out after a dozen or so attempts.







On to the playground:




They also have tons of animals and Greg decided to pet the cow. I guess he thought Greg tasted yummy!


Awesome bathroom sign

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Those horses look soooo fun! You look great Bree!