Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I was scheduled to find out what we are having next Monday, but we found out we might be out of town for a funeral (more to come on that later) so I rescheduled it. Greg leaves next week for a few days for work, and then we have a few days and then we take off for 10 days on a family vacation so I figured the easiest time to do it was this week, or not for about 3 weeks (and of course I'm too impatient to wait that long!). So we went to the doctor and here is our little bundle.
The baby was going to town with it's thumb, it better not get too attached because that is not allowed in this house!


I suppose the important part is that it looks healthy! Of course it was super active at the beginning while she was measuring things and then when it came time to see what it was it wouldn't move anymore. It tucked it's legs together in the fetal position and would barely budge. So one minute she would say it "MIGHT" be a girl and then the next she would say, "Well that looks like something there". So the verdict is that she refused to committ to either answer and its still basically 50/50 and since she couldn't see a few important things I get to go back in 2 or 4 weeks, when we can find the time. Ughhhh.... I just wanted to know!

I won't lie we were all a bit disappointed when she said it MIGHT be a girl. Axton about threw a fit insisting that its a boy. Even today when I asked him if he would still love it if its a girl he said, "Yes, but don't worry when it comes out its going to be a boy!" Love his faith, have to say I was thinking the same thing! So until the next ultrasound we are trying to wrap our minds around the fact that it might be a girl and that 3 more girls could be joining the Leavitt clan within a 5 week window. Guess I better get used to that fact that we might have 1 boy and a bunch of girls in this household (SCARY)!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I'm glad baby looks healthy, that is so disappointing though!