Sunday, May 18, 2008

Just a quick update. We are on what feels like our first real vacation since we got married 2 1/2 years ago. For once I didn't have to try and get time off or leave after work just to have to come back two days later in time to return to work that day. That in and of its self is such a great joy! We will be gone for 10 days! Yes count them and weep! 10 whole days of not cleaning a house or working! I know it's pathetic that I'm so excited over that! Anyways, we are in San Diego. Jeff, Greg's brother, came home on Friday from his 2 year mission service for our church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It was so great to see him that night. Since I have only been in the family for a little over 2 years it will be so nice to actually get to know him better since I feel so close to the rest of the family. On Wednesday we, meaning Greg's family, are all going to Disneyland until Saturday. I am so excited although it will be weird since we have something attached to us at all times (Axton). We won't be able to run from line to line with no cares. Instead we will all have to trade off our children so we can all enjoy the rides. I never thought I would be so excited for Dumbo! I can't wait to see Axton's face since he has never been around anything like this! He should be in heaven though since there will be so many people and things to look at, not to mention that he is thrill seeker! On that note, we have experienced some firsts! Axton has managed to fall off a bed and a couch all in the same day! We won't talk about who was responsible for them (ok I can only take credit for one)! I don't think he knew what to make of it but he's a trooper, and for a first time mom I have to say I handled it pretty well too! He also managed to go up stairs which he hasn't ever really been around. He just knew they were in his way! That boy insists on standing up and has learned to pull himself up to a standing position. That now has lost it's interest so he has one up-ed it and lets go. Thank goodness for diapers with padding or he would have one sore bottom! He does some pretty cool rolls though when he falls in a different direction that expected! I love being a mom and seeing how much he changes.

No comments: