Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Axton's ONE Today HURRAY!

While my parents were here we had a little family birthday party at the park, despite it being about 100 degrees outside! The one thing I remember about our birthdays as kids was that my mom would make us some really awesome cakes. So I decided that since my mom would be here and could guide me when needed I would make one for Axton. The didn't have the Monkey Pan that I wanted so I settled for Winnie the Pooh. I had a blast making it and will definately be doing it for all my children, Greg included! It is definately going to be a new hobby, and an expensive one at that. The classes to get really good are $60 a lesson and you have to take at least 4! So I'm saving my money!
























Axton "blowing" out the candle. In reality he just wanted to touch it and see what mommy had spent all day working on.

Greg decided he wasn't getting messy enough so he smeared the cake in Axton's face. He still didn't get very messy which both made me happy and sad. Happy because I didn't have too much to clean up and sad because ... we'll aren't they supposed to make a mess!


Daddy and the Birthday Boy


Axton attempting to open up his presents. He was getting the hang of it at the end.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Axton! Thanks again Bree for watching Makayla this afternoon. :)

Kimberly said...

You did a great job on the cake...it looks awesome! I think you have more patience than me!!!

Anonymous said...

wow, how fun! That cake is so cute! You did such a good job. That's so cool that your fam could be there. Happy Birthday to Axton!

Kylie said...

I am amazed by your cake-making skills. My mom used to make the same kind of cakes for us when we were little...and sometimes she still does! I haven't been brave enough to try it, though.

Keri Hennefer said...

You made that cake! Good work! Happy Birthday Axton! I can't believe that he is one....what fun things did you get him for his birthday?

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Axton! I can't believe you have a one year old... can you? :) Ryan and I have 3 more years in Provo. He is doing a dual masters program in Engineering and an MBA. It won't be too bad, I'm actually excited to be here. I love our ward and we're making lots of friends, so life is good. I am not working right now, trying to find a job. But I've never really had this type of break before... in... how long... years. So I am loving it and it is doing me well! :) Good luck with everything, I'm glad you're doing well. What's you're cell number? mine is 801-897-3598. Call me and we'll catch up. ... this is the longest comment :) oh well.