Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Granparents!!

My parents were able to make it out here for a few days before Axton's birthday. We didn't really do a whole lot but we were able to eat at some fun places. My favorite was Organ Stop Pizza in Mesa which was recommended to my stepdad by someone.

You can either sit on the main floor or go upstairs. They turn out most of the lights and a guys sits in the middle of the room on the main floor (from upstairs you can look down at him) and plays the huge organ! It was awesome. He played Disney music, Take me out the Ball Game, Star Wars, etc. It was really fun! The food wasn't so bad either.

This is the massive organ. I thought the loud music might scare Axton because he's not so sure of loud, strange places, but he did very good. In the words of Greg "This is the place to go when you don't want to talk to whoever you're with!" It was so loud that converstation was nearly impossible. So if we take you there I'm doing it because I think it's fun, but Greg.... well he's Greg!!


Greg was told about San Tan Flats in Queen Creek by someone he works with (I think). It was alright food wise, although I've had better but it would be a blast to take kids to and if you sit outside which we didn't, because I didn't quite understand the concept until afterwards. Outside they have a bunch of campfires that you can sit around and they sell the ingredients to make smores! Hence the kids making it fun. On most nights they also have music and entertainment outside and if you are feeling very brave you can go dance (we won't be doing that anytime soon!). Next time we go we'll be a little better informed and I'm sure we'll have much more fun, but I definatley recommend going at least once and giving it a shot!

No comments: