Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas

Well Christmas came a little early this year for Greg and I. Greg would rather buy what he wants than be surprised by what I get him and I am starting to become fond of this idea (I know we're crazy)! His thinking is "If I want something I'll go buy it and we can say it is for Christmas, birthday, etc, that way I can use it when I want to." We have decided Christmas, as far as presents go, are going to be for our children and not so much for each other. So Greg has wanted a new golf bag and shoes for a while and decided that with Christmas right around the corner he would just go buy them. So I did the same and went and bought a new bed set (comforter, sheets, pillows, etc.) since we really needed another set.

The other "present" I got was our Christmas tree! This will be our 4th christmas together and we have never had a tree, we have also never stayed home for christmas so I guess that can justify it. I bought the tree, sight unseen, from a co-op for $20. I was very nervous about it when we first got it but once we got home and set it up I was very happy. It's a little short and they cut the top off but I can live with it. We don't have a whole lot of decorations this year because I'm hoping to get some good deals after the fact, but I am so excited to finally have a tree. Even better is that Axton loves to look at it but he doesn't try to touch it which I was very worried about.

Just a heads up, I'm not sending out Christmas cards or letters, I'm a slacker! Maybe next year when I think about it a little sooner and can put more thought into it than would happen this year. Hope everyone has a great christmas and travels safely where ever they are going.

No comments: