Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My little climber

For the last month or so Axton has been figuring out how to climb everything. His favorite game is to pull our chairs out from our table, climb on them, climb on the table, and then if we are standing near by.... jump off and hope we catch him. I think for the most part we have gotten him to stop doing that. However tonight he refused to go to sleep. Just when we would think he'd fallen asleep he'd start screaming so one of us would go lay him back down, and repeat it over and over again for an hour. Finally we'd had enough and decided to let him cry for a bit (he's been a really bad sleeper for the last 2 weeks now for no apparent reason). All of a sudden we hear this huge thump and part of us is think he hit his head on the wall or something to that effect while part of us is thinking, "did he finally take on the crib and go overboard, let's hope not?" Yup, we walked in and he was screaming while standing on the floor. I'm guessing he knocked the wind out of himself and he was really scared to fall from such a height. While part of me is proud that he is figuring out the world around him, even though he refuses to talk, most of me is horrified at this new development because it means more falls to come and a lot more work on our part to get him to sleep. I was really hoping he wouldn't figure it out for another 6 months or so, one can always dream.

On another note we found out that my brother Theron, and his wife Heidi, and their son Logan (who is only 2 weeks older than Axton) are going to come visit us this weekend!!! Way back in the day Theron told me that he would come visit us when the Eagles played the Cardinals here. So they are coming! What a man of his word, ok he really just wants to see the eagles play and we are free room and board! I'm excited though, it will give us something to do for a few days and maybe I'll be able to bum a few pictures off of them until we get our camera next month when Greg's parents come to visit everyone.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Yay for climbing! I'm just glad it's you and not me. I've taught Logan how to move a stool around and climb up on things-we'll see how long it takes him to get into mischief.
We're excited to come stay-you can definitely bum off our camera since we're bummin off your house.:) See you soon!

Kimberly said...

Wow, what fun! Mason is in the throws of crawling, so we are having all kinds of fun with that, if you know what I mean! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey don't you love it! Braxton climbs on everything! So when are you coming up?!?! I thought you were a month ago