Monday, April 6, 2009

House Update

Assuming all goes well .............. we are buying a house!

A while back we found a house that I felt we were supposed to look at and we ended up liking it and putting an offer on it (look back to older post). That was December. We went back once after that and I still really liked it but not as much as the first time. Well the first offer didn't go through and instead of counter-offering us for more money they simply made us start from square one with a higher offer. So we played the game because we had time, our lease here isn't up until the end of this month.

Well we finally were starting to realize that we were going to be stuck in this horrible apartment complex for longer than we ever planned on if we stuck with this house. So Greg kept his eyes out and found another that he wanted to see. So we saw it and we loved it. We like the house better but the location is a little less than ideal, although the other one was as well. The downside... no community pool like the other, the positive side.... lower HOA fees! And it's a bank owned and not a short sale so we got an answer back really fast. We submitted the offer Monday, they accepted it Wednesday morning, and we have already had our inspection done that came back with great results (of course there are the minor things but those I can live with!).

So tomorrow we start the financing part of the game and are set to close the middle of next month. The details: It's almost 2400 sq ft, 4 bedrooms plus a den, 2 baths, 2car garage, and one story. The lot is over 9000 sq ft but I don't know exactly. There are tons of other details but I won't talk about them and bore you all. The inside of the house got painted by the bank last week so it is all white now. I didn't mind most of the colors but it will be fun to have a new slate to start with and do what I want, although the thought is slightly overwhelming. It's going to be white for a while, I already know it! But at least I don't have to worry about washing walls and all of that when we move in!

Front of the house (not a very good picture):


Kitchen:


Dining Room:


Living Room: Not a very good picture. The living room is huge and wide open to the kitchen which I love! I'm more likely to clean my kitchen and cook if I can watch tv while doing it (sad I know)!! The carpet is brand new and great! Nice and dark for the terrors!


Den: It's right off of the living room. I think we will either do a play room or more likely our office/scrapbooking room. I'll have to hang curtains or something so I can hide the mess.


Masterbed and bath:


1 of the Bedrooms (no longer these wonderful girl colors for Axton):


Backyard: It needs a lot of work but I won't be hearing that Greg's bored anytime in the near future if we get this place!


We are excited for this new adventure in our lives and can't wait to be in it! I am really hoping everything goes smoothly and quickly, the quicker I get out of this place the better!

7 comments:

Camille and Luke said...

Congrats! It looks great! What a lucky girl you are! hehe

Kimberly said...

Congratulations that is awesome! It looks really nice! Our house was new and so I had a blank slate too. It was overwhelming, but we have been in our house 2 years this month and I am pretty much done with everything and I love it. The paint colors I used repeatedly on my walls were Valspar brand from Lowe's: Wild Hawk, Oregon Coast and Holmes Cream. They are nice colors...everyone always says how nice my house is with the warm colors. I'll try to remember to send you some pics. Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting I totally love your house I am jealous!

JONESIES said...

so cute! that house looks nice. I hope it goes through for you I know you've been waiting on this for a long time

Kort said...

it was good to see you guys! the house is really nice. it will be nice for axton to have such a big backyard to play in!

Shari said...

Wow. What a nice house with big rooms. I agree with you. I would rather cook and clean if you can watch tv at the same time. It makes it way more fun. I can't wait to see it!!

Keri said...

How fun for you guys! No more Hillside Storage for you!! He He, welcome to the life of being a home owner! Kinda scary!