Thursday, April 23, 2009

It's been a while

I know it's been a while since I last updated our blog. Somehow we managed to lose or misplace our camera. Life the last few weeks has been a little boring, but over the next few months that should change.

I have been busy canning apples: canning apple slices, applesauce, apple pie filling, etc. Applesauce is definitely my least favorite because it takes a lot of work for little results! I have decided though that I love canning! I can't wait to learn how to do it with a pressure cooker so that I can get into vegetables and meats as well. Food storage here I come.

We still have a long ways to go on buying our house, or so it seems. I feel like we are at a stand still and it is really annoying me. The appraisal is taking forever, we were told it would be done by Monday and finally today they said it will be done by tomorrow. UGHHHH!!! It has been almost 2 weeks, you would think they would get it in gear. Don't they realize that they are holding our future in their hands? Anyways, I am very bugged, and antzy to get out of here.

We leave for San Diego tomorrow. Greg is crazy and going to run a 1/2 marathon, that he has hardly trained for (he's ran 3 maybe 4 times with 9 miles being his longest), on Sunday with some other friends and family members. He is then going to work in the area Monday and Tuesday and fly out from LA on Tuesday. I am going to stick around until Wednesday because it's just easier that way.

Greg's brother Jeff just got engaged so we are super excited for them. Karen is an awesome girl from the little I know of her, but she has always been a sweetheart to me when I do see her. I'm excited to get to know her better. They are getting married in September in the San Diego temple, she is a recent convert so that is when her 1 year mark is.

Both my sisters-in-law on Greg's side are expecting babies next month too so that should be exciting and something to do as well. I am pretty sure I'll have Brooklynn a good amount of the time when Kim has her's (it looks like she will have a c-section again unless a miracle happens) since her and Axton are quite the buddies these days. Not sure what Corina is doing with her girls since she has lots of options but I'll be around!

We have a family reunion for my mom's side at the end of May so we'll be going to that. I was going to go visit before the reunion but we are set to close on the 15th and I was flying out on the 16th so that obviously isn't going to happen. I have decided I'll go home with her after the reunion even though some of Greg's family will be here (for the babies) but I think I should take this chance to go home.

There are some other things going on but I'll post those later when I have more info to share. Hope all is well with everyone.

No comments: