Sunday, September 13, 2009

Birthday Boy.... sort of

We are in Rexburg and Axton's birthday is Thursday. We fly to San Diego for a wedding on Wednesday (so Axton is still free!!) so Axton was going to get the jip for his b-day (hopefully he'll at least get to see his dad for his b-day). Good thing he's only two. Since we flew I wasn't able to bring any presents. I did however think to bring a cake pan in the hopes that just maybe we might get around to making it for him whether here in Rexburg or in San Diego.

I think it turned out pretty stinking cute for being my second one! He is way into monkeys lately, which I was excited about because I love this monkey pan and recipes! You can make it with a cake, rice krispies, or brownies (something for everyone).

Getting ready to sing "happy birthday"

Yes I'm immature and stuck the candles in the nostrils!! I was so happy and sad when Axton blew out his candles all by himself. I was looking forward to helping him but as I was inhaling he blew them out!!! I was very impressed that he got it right away.

He got ONE present!! Hurray! Luckily it was a book so we can fit it into our suitcase! I am at the max already so I told my mom to give me money and we'll buy something when we get home.

He enjoyed the frosting more than anything, and then the ice cream. The cake itself he wasn't so sure about, he must take after Mom and Dad.

And incase you didn't notice. I chopped all of my long, beautiful, annoying hair off and I love it!! Hopefully Greg will too!!

5 comments:

Kylie said...

Wow! That's a way cool cake!

Kimberly said...

You look great! Your hair is adorable...and you are super thin! I am insanely jealous. :)

Shari Leavitt said...

Wow, your hair looks great and the cake looks amazing!! We are so excited to see you. How cool that Axton flies for free, his last day of being 1. That worked out really well.

Bree said...

Thanks Kimberly!! Just don't pay too much attention to the love handles!!

Michelle said...

happy birthday Axton! i love your hair Bree! i did the same to mine and i love it too! hope you are well!