Friday, April 23, 2010

Easter Catch Up

As I said in the last post we "won" a basket filled with Easter stuff. I decided it was time to see if Axton could do some big kid things with me so we decided to make the sugar cookies it came with and decorate them.

He loved cutting out all the fun shapes but he didn't realize that you only cutout one section at a time and would repeatedly cut out the same area with all of the cutters. He also loved to poke all of the cutout shapes with his finger (he does this with play dough too).



Then it was on to the frosting. He would help me put it on but then, like always, he'd use his finger to scrape it back off and eat it! He tried a few times to eat the frosting tubes themselves.


So I decided I would do the frosting and he would do the sprinkles to his hearts content. He quickly learned to dump the sprinkles on the plate so he could lick off the plate. What am I going to do with this kid!


The finished product.... minus a dozen or two! He thought as soon as one was finished it meant he got to eat it. Let's just say he's had enough cookies to last him until Christmas when we might re-explore this idea.


Overall it was fun but we definitely didn't give any away, you all can thank me later! About half of the ones in the picture ended up in the garbage too. I don't think he's quite old enough for what I would like but it was still fun none the less. Maybe next time Greg will help us instead of being a party pooper!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Looks like fun! He is such a cute kid!