Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Fundraiser

This last weekend the boyscouts in our ward and neighborhood held a fundraiser. Since Greg is in scouts now he had to go early to help set up so we went with him. Axton loved it because he got to be one of the first on all of the toys and the ride.

While setting up the Sherwood's were there with their ranger and Axton got to go for a long ride with Greg. A ton of people around here have these cool off road vehicles and whenever Axton sees one he gets so excited. So he finally got his dream come true. Axton has found some new buddies thanks to the Sherwoods. We had them over a couple of weeks ago for dinner and ever since Axton loves to hangout with them. They are a wonderful family and we hope to do more with them in the future!!


They rented a blow up slide (Stratton Sherwood took him down the first few times) and two bounce houses.




They also had a train ride. Gavin Sherwood took Axton on the train ride which Axton loved. Had I taken him I think he would have flipped out. Then he went later with just him and Brooklynn (they are getting so big!). Yes all of his cousins came and joined in on the fun!




And lots of fun little games. They had Plinko (not a very good picture), a fishing pond, a water shooting game, bowling, football toss, and many others of which I didn't get any pictures because I'm a slacker.


Daniela and Vanessa's turn to shoot


Plenty of cotton candy, popcorn, snow cones, and other junk food. Plus our ward's infamous silent auction, and a live one too! There were all sorts of goodies but I kept getting out bid on the papers and by the time it closed (and we were ready to head home for naps) I ended up with only one auction item. I think Greg was glad though, I'd buy everything if I could and he'd be poor! I ended up "winning" an Easter Basket. I should have taken a picture before I disassembled it but I was to excited to see all of the goodies inside. We got cake and cookie mixes, frosting, cupcake paper liners, toothpicks with adorable easter papers glued on them, a bucket of cookie cutters, a huge container of different kinds of sprinkles, a chocolate pretzel kit with easter molds, and an easter egg dying kit. We've already made the cookies (pictures to come), and the pretzels will probably be made today. We're dying the eggs on Thursday or Friday, and the cupcakes, well.... we have enough goodies for now(especially with the easter bunny coming this weekend) so maybe in a month or two. I'm so glad we won this basket though, it's created hours of fun and some yummy treats! I'd say the fundraiser was a huge hit for us and we can't wait for the next one!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Love the pics!