Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Blogging for Books

Through the couponsense blog I discover Blogging for Books. I just signed up to receive Dragons of the Valley by Donita K. Paul. I don't really know what it's about but on goodreads it's rated 4 stars so it must be somewhat good.

Anyways, I don't know much about how this works but from what I have gathered you sign up for free and then they have a list of free books to chose from in all sorts of categories. They mail it to you within 10-14 days. You read it and within 30 days have to write a blog post reviewing it (I'm not sure if you write it on your own blog or to their's or what, I'll figure that out when that time comes!). Once you do that then you can get another free book, and so on. They are yours to keep.

There is a lot more invovled if you want to get really into it to win prizes and what not but for now I'm just going to try it out. If you want to try it go here. If you aren't into reading longer books they had lots of children's books to offer also, which I am super excited about for Axton!

6 comments:

Amy Baker said...

Hey how are you doing?! Man it has been a while. So I didn't know if you knew that I changed my blog address or not my new one is
http://thebakerfam1205.blogspot.com/?zx=c4fa94cb057992ce
Let me know if you are able to look at it or not!

Kimberly said...

Q: On which consumer site should I post my review?

A: Some suggestions include: amazon.com, barnesandnoble.com, booksamillion.com, borders.com, cbd.com, familychristian.com, lifewaystores.com, mardel.com, parable.com, walmart.com, or any other consumer site that you frequent.

I think I'll give it a whirl. What have I got to lose, right?!

Kimberly said...

P.S. Read it and then come back to www.WaterBrookMultnomah.com/BloggingForBooks where you can sign in and post your review. Once you post your review you can choose another book to review.

Bree said...

Thanks Kimberly! I read that too which is why I got confused because when you sign up it wants your blog, then it says to post it to a consumer blog, and then it says to post it on their site, etc. So that's what caused my confusion. But your right there's not really anything to lose.

Bree said...

I got my answer for anyone who wants to know. You have to make a post on your blog, a consumer site and their website. So all 3 places, not just one or the other. Guess that's why they are all mentioned at some point on their site!

Muche said...

I'll try that...I did the BZzAgent because of a FB post from you, CS because I saw your blog (and someone else had been raving about it) and now this...you're my hero (and I thought I was thrifty)!!!