Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Axton turned 5!

Look at me being on top of things! Well at least if my computer cooperates!

Yesterday was Axton's b-day. I thought I had bought everything we needed to decorate the house and his cake on Saturday. Alas I was sadly mistaken! So the house wasn't decorated when he woke up like I had planned but he seemed to not even notice. We went to the store and bought what I was missing. Then he helped me mix the cake right before preschool and while he was off I got busy.

He came home to find his closet all decorated, and he has asked if we can keep it up forever! They are so easy to please at this age.

Since his big present this year was going to Disneyland we avoided a "friend" party for one more year! So we decided to have cousins who live here come over for cake. He requested a dinosaur one, and when he saw a picture of one with a hat his had to have one too.

Why do kids always enjoy licking off the bottom of the candles!

Apparently they couldn't wait to dig in!

Finally getting to enjoy what they had come for!

Axton was so excited to open his presents and his cousins were more than happy to help out with that! Thanks Aunt Ashley and Uncle Brad for the awesome "Cars" assortment of goodies!

Aunt Kim and Uncle Josh got him craft stuff. Finally a place for his markers, crayons, pencils, papers, etc, to be contained all in one place! He begged to sleep with it, but I knew he would be too tempted to open it up and start cutting and gluing things!

And although I think my mom was having serious doubts about the present we picked out from her, I must say I think it was his favorite! He got a fishing pole, complete with lures and hooks! He is already asking when we are going camping again (since he thinks you have to camp to fish). We'll be in trouble when he discovers he can fish next to his cousins house!

Since we took him to Disneyland for his major present, we got him two movies, and this awesome helicopter!
I bought it a year ago after he played with a friends, but we decided to hold onto it until he was either old enough, or until we were out of ideas/didn't want to spend money, etc! So after a spendy trip I decided now was the time! He has been flying it almost none stop and has almost perfected it. We were nervous at first because he kept crashing it, but Dad is going to be surprised when he gets home at how good Axton has become. He can land it softly, and make it go different directions with minimal crashing. He even managed to land it on the couch successfully.

Overall I think he had a great 5th birthday and I enjoyed it because all I really had to do was clean my house and bake a cake. Next year could be interesting when we finally do a "friends" party. He kept saying all day that, "this is the best birthday ever!" Oh please stay so easy!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Looks like a fun day! I can't believe he is already 5!