Monday, February 18, 2013

Projects

As if having a baby wasn't enough of a change we took on several projects the week, and month, since she was born.

My mom came to help out for 10 days, which was a blessing and a curse! ;) When ever she comes she motivates me to think about decorating my house! I happened to see that a friend was selling her rocking chair for $10 and that it needed to be reupholstered, but otherwise was in great shape. I have always wanted one, since the recliners we got with Axton are too big for me to comfortable rock in while nursing.

So I talked my mom into helping me reupholster it since she has way more sewing experience then me. So she did most of the work while I kept convincing her that she could do it (since she never had before). We went to hobby lobby and picked out the material. I wish I had the before picture but I didn't think about it. So here is the after.

 
She also recovered some pillows I had for the couch. I want to make more but in different colors like the mustard, and blue, but we couldn't find any material that was the right color, so I continue to search!

It also made us think about repainting the walls, which we will do but haven't yet. We also got Greg on board to make some wooden cornices for the windows and sliding glass door. I won't share how much convincing it took, but it was a LOT!



I love how they turned out. We will probably paint them blue when we get around to painting the walls, but for now they'll stay white. I am now on the search for decorations to go above my kitchen cupboards, but I need money too! So one step at a time.

No comments: