Friday, June 13, 2008

Sorry I had to post it though!!

So Axton has been feeling a little under the weather and then he managed to give whatever it is to me, so I too have been feeling like crap. Since he has been all stuffed up he has had a hard time taking naps and when he does fall asleep they haven't been very long ones. So I have decided to let him cry it out a little in hopes that he'll fall back asleep. Well today I was talking to Kim, my sister-in-law, when Axton woke up early once again. After listening to him whimper/cry for about 10 minutes I decided to go see if he was ok. The first thing that hit me was the smell, then this is what I saw.......






Yep, I made the mistake of leaving a dirty diaper on his changing table and he discovered it. Was he trying to tell me something... maybe that when he's awake he's awake, or how about I want my room scrubbed from floor to ceiling!!! Well whatever the message I got it loud and clear! There was poop all over his face, hair, arms, legs, and clothes. He even got to taste it, lucky him. As I looked closer he managed to get it on 3 out of 4 sides of his crib, the wall, his blanket, and the floor. I was thoroughly disgusted as I am sure you all are now!!

Someday I know I will laugh about this and enjoy embarassing him in front of his friends when I pull out the pictures but today is simply not that day. I told Greg I was going to wait for him to clean it up but I'd be waiting a very long time. He told me he was going to go golfing if that was the case. So whoever says that being a stay at home mom is glamorous and easy obviously hasn't ever had to deal with this!

3 comments:

Kelsey Ann said...

Okay, that is too funny! Tyler said Greg called today after his 18-holes of golf. I am not sure that is fair for him to leave you with the poop man, but I am sure Tyler would have done the same. I suppose this is our job but your are right, there is no glamor involved!
I hope you are loving life down there. We miss you guys!

Keri Hennefer said...

Ok that is too funny! I'm glad that you took pictures, because if you can't laugh about it, I'd probably cry! And I love Axton trying to pick up the icecube. I've never tried that with Hunter, that's what we are doing tonight, It was so funny!

Anonymous said...

You write very well.