Thursday, December 31, 2009

Dinner

I realized during Thanksgiving when Shari let the kids help her measure flour and sugar and what not, that Axton is old enough to help some with Dinner. So when we got home we broke out the ice cream maker we got for Christmas (yeah we opened it early, thanks Don and Shari!) and Axton helped Greg a little with that.




So while Greg was mixing the ice cream outside in the cold I brought Axton in the help season the french bread for dinner.




He sure made a mess with the spices but it was fun. He's now my little helper with french bread every time. I look forward to involving him in more dinner preparations and doing fun food items with him.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

He is so adorable! Looks like he is really having fun with the spices = ).

Kimberly said...

What a little cutie. Nice haircut too. I was noticing his long blond locks in the other posts, but thought they were cute. He looks older with it short.

Kelsey Ann said...

Don't you love that our kids are getting old enough to help us with things (help being a very loose term). I can not make a meal in this house, or even butter toast, without my little helper on her stool 'cooooking'. Today we made oatmeal cookies and they actually turned out pretty good. She loved the dough and while I planned to give the cookies away, she put the spoon back in 5 too many times and sneezed over the bowl. Oh well, more for me:) But word to the wise, Tyler taught her to help cut with our sharp knifes. I let her help me the other day but she applied pressure on the knife before I did and cut my finger. Knifes are now an 'ouchie' and are off limits.