Thursday, December 31, 2009

Getting caught up... the story of my life

I don't even know how far behind I am but I'm pretty sure I haven't done from Halloween on. So these posts will hopefully get me caught up.

The week before Halloween I wanted to go to a corn maze. I went to one almost every year when I was a teen and loved them. I took Greg to his first one and so I wanted to do the honors with Axton as well. I have to admit I was pretty bummed by the ones in AZ. In Idaho you start at one place and come out a completely different place. They usually have lookout points to help you get your bearings because you can get so lost. This one started and ended in the same place. You went up and then back down, the only point to it was to find all 6 different hole punches and punch your card to show you went in, kind of lame to me. But it didn't really matter because we really just hoped Axton would run and tire himself before naptime.

Axton realizing that he was free to run wherever his heart desired.


Greg would run down a different path and jump out at him.


Axton loves to be chased so this was pure heaven to him.


Couldn't resist this one of Greg trying to scare Axton.


With entrance to the maze we got a free ticket to ride the "cow train". Greg couldn't fit in it so I ended up taking Axton and he wasn't happy about that at all. He cried almost the entire time even though Greg was walking right beside us.


After we got off the ride he was all smiles and ran straight to Greg.


While on the ride we spotted a little park area so he had to go ride on the swings.


Then he saw a play structure with slides and pointed at it, letting go of the swing and fell right on the ground.


That quickly ended our trip because it lead to a full blown melt down due to pain, hunger, and exhaustion. We ended up not getting any pumpkins this year. Oh well.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

He is such a cutie! I love those blond curls! Looks like fun minus the meltdowns = ).