Friday, March 12, 2010

Coupons should be illegal... but I'm sure glad they aren't!

I know I know, not another coupon post. Sorry can't help it, I'm addicted and in a way I feel like it's my job!

I got 10 boxes of cereal (mostly honey bunches of oat, but a couple boxes of sugar cereal too), 3 bottles of salad dressing (completely free so I could branch out on new flavors), 2 bags of dole salads, strawberries, and 5 boxes of gushers (not pictured cause I had already put them away and forgot about them, and I made $1.50 by "buying" them with the catalina coupon I received).


Grand total: 9.09. Saved $66.25, 89%. Not to shabby.


But what makes it better? I got two catalina coupons back totalling $7.50 that are good for my next shopping trip! So if you include that I got all of that for $1.59. Not bad for a 1/2 hour of work!


I'll be going back one more time on Tuesday to get more cereal, and probably fruit snacks, not that we really need those but when they are next to nothing (or in today's case a money maker) who can resist?!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

That's totally awesome and I'm totally jealous. Keep the coupon posts coming...I love 'em!

Lindsey said...

Dang! Where do you find all your coupons?