Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Visit

My parents and g-pa came to stay with us last weekend. It was the first time any of them had seen our home (we've been here for a year!). We went swimming on Friday which was cold, and the pool doesn't allow cameras so no photos. We ate at the Cheesecake Factory which was a 1st for me and I have been craving key lime cheesecake ever since.

Then Saturday we went to the Phx Zoo which was perfect in size for us. We were all quite the site I'm sure. Greg and I where in charge of pushing my g-pa[he's breaking down:)] and stepdad(who has a broken foot) around in wheelchairs. My mom was left to push Axton in the stroller. Luckily it is pretty flat or else I would have died! But it was a great workout! We forgot our cameras again (imagine that, I now carry it in my purse at all times) so the only pictures we have are from Greg's phone.




The Phx Zoo is rated one of the top ones for kid friendliness and I would imagine this is due to the petting zoo and huge playground they have there. You can "milk a cow" or "ride" tractors, plus all of the normal park playground toys. They also have a building that has toys so you can stop and take a breather if you want to while the kiddos play to their hearts content. We got a year pass so I have a feeling we'll be going there at least monthly. Maybe after summer ends (gotta love Phx weather) I'll take Axton there every other week just for something to do.

In all though it was great to have visitors and we even had beds for all of them to sleep in!! We officially have a guest queen size bed, and Axton has graduated into a BIG BOY BED!!!! so we had a twin bed for my g-pa while Axton enjoyed his last few nights of being caged in, another post to come!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm glad you had fun with your family! We have a zoo pass too so we'll have to plan some trips out there together!

Bree said...

Definitely, although it will probably be a while since I don't really want to venture out to something like that with 3 kids under 3. We could go on a Saturday though with the dreaded spouses!!