Friday, March 12, 2010

"Rodeo"

Mesa was having a little Rodeo, I think it is put together by a ward or stake in Mesa but I could be wrong. They do it behind an LDS church so that's why I assumed that. Our friend, Jon (who also happens to be Axton's fabulous pediatrician), told Greg about it so we decided that it would be a nice change for our otherwise boring, house-project filled Saturday. The highlight.... the "petting zoo" of course. They had a cow, chickens, goats, and a turtle. They also had pony rides but that line was ridiculous and I don't think Axton would have gone by himself either, he's funny like that when it comes to animals. He loves them from a safe distance.




Greg caught one of the chickens and tried to make Axton hold it, he made sure he kept his distance though, it was hard to tell which one was the real chicken!


Greg found the love of his life! Axton wouldn't touch it but enjoyed examining it from a far.

We didn't stay long for the actual "Rodeo" part, it was packed with no where to sit, but proof that we saw some horses.


They did a chicken run too where all the kids got to chase baby chickens around the field and if you caught one you got to keep it. We left before that, much to Greg's disappointment! He really wanted one, me- we've been there done that already in our short married life and some of you might remember that tragic ending those chickens came to! Maybe next year.


A random picture of Axton and his cousin Brooklynn. Who knew 3D glasses would be so fun.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

That looks like a lot of fun!

Shari said...

I haven't been able to look at the blog for awhile, so I had some time and thought I would check it. I laughed so hard at what you wrote about leaving before the baby chicken race since I remember what happened to those ones in Utah. I read it to Don and he started laughing and said, "Boquisha and Laquisha" whatever happened to them.