Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Kidz Club

For the last month and a half I have been babysitting for greg's sister Kim. I have her two kiddos Brooklynn and JJ (Joshua Justun Jones Jr!) in the morning from about 8-12 M-F and so I am always up for new entertainment for all of us.

One of my friends Kimberly has been posting about their kids club that they go to and so when my friend Jessica told me about one that they do here at our mall I was very excited to take the kiddos and go, but I couldn't do it without her help!

Well I got the times mixed up and ended up at the mall an hour before the thing began so the kids got to play in their new play area. They were in heaven. They could climb and jump on everything without fear of punishment. (We are looking to get Axton something for the backyard that he can climb and play on so if anyone has any suggestions let me know!)

They had a little truck and it's back is a slide.


Jumping off the newspaper, always an Axton favorite.


JJ getting to play without twin 2 year olds bugging him


The kids kept climbing up and over this wall for almost 30 minutes. It was pure heaven for me!


I just like Axton's face here!


When it was finally time to go over the the kidz club event they had a huge colored rug layed out. They were so excited to pick a colored square to sit on.


The stage where most of the sining and dancing is done.


The mascot is a Praire Dog, it took me a while to figure out that's what it was! Brooklynn couldn't get enough of him and took off running a few times to get hugs from him. Axton liked to look but didn't care to much if touched him or not.


We got cinnabons, and then headed home. On the way home Axton fell asleep. One kid down, two more to go!


Overall it was ok but my favorite, and I'm pretty sure the kids' favorite was the play area, or the cinnabons! The club is an hour long, and with 3 kids under 3, not the most enjoyable. All they do is sing and dance. I was hoping it would be a little more varied with different kinds of activities each week like Kimberly's but hey it's something to do. We've back a few times and everytime the experience gets worse and worse. So we'll wait until Kim can come with us before we'll come back.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hey, I'm glad you tried it! Ours is often kinda boring for Mason. They say it is for kids 0-5, but really like 4 is the best age. Lots of times I wonder why I go, as I run my 39 week pregnant self down the mall chasing after Mason running away, but I like him to get all of the social activities he can. Good luck...I hope it works out to be a positive!

Ah Loe said...

looks like fun. . .axton is so cute! so grown up, looking forward to seeing you guys this summer
}+

Lark said...

Wow - three car seats - must take you forever to get everyone buckled in and on your way! You're a tooper. :0) Mom