Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Yep Still Easter here!

I've been trying to get caught up on everything in life. Watching three kiddos everyday puts me behind a bit, plus I'm a slacker. So I was going through my list of what to blog about along with pictures and couldn't pass up finishing the easter festivities!

Axton was a blast to dye easter eggs with. Although Greg is a slacker, he disappeared when we were making cookies and dying the eggs, and during the easter egg hunt he was slightly preoccupied (another post to come.... someday). But I was impressed with how well Axton picked up the concept and was able to lift the eggs out of the cups with wire thing. He didn't make much of a mess which honestly I'm grateful for!


This one is my favorite!

The finished product:


We had a little easter egg hunt at our house with the 6 Leavitt grandchildren, but no Leavitt grandparents :(. The kids got 12 eggs each to find and it was Axton's first time. He enjoyed all of it thoroughly. And yes, Axton is always running around the house undressed, special occasion or not. One of the down falls to teaching him how to put on and take off his clothes.

Talia eating the "hidden" eggs before all the other kids came out!





The kids sitting down to compare their loot, and of course shove it in their mouths as fast as possible.


In the end it was a great day. Unfortunately Axton decided to only eat candy (and really not that much of it) and refused normal food all day. So he ended up a stomach ache that night and didn't go to sleep until almost 10. Needless to say the easter basket with more goodies in it is still sitting in the closet. I decided to not even go there. Maybe next year.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Looks like a ton of fun!