Thursday, October 14, 2010

Axton's 3!

I'm only a month late in posting this but what can you do? Over labor day we decided to celebrate Axton's birthday with everyone. With 2 cousins having their birthday's within weeks of his he gets to watch and then when it's his turn he has it all figured out!

He was so excited for the candles, not the cupcake, he didn't even eat one (he must be ours).

Telling us how old he is

Logan helping him out, how kind (and it's Logan's tie that he's wearing, guess he'll be getting one for Christmas?)

Logan also taught him how to lick off the candles!

Opening his presents from G-ma and G-pa.


I found him a bunch of Take-along-Thomas train sets for extremely cheap. He is obsessed with Thomas lately, we watch Thomas and the Runaway Kite every morning!
The trains set up and for once all of the kids are playing nicely together, shocker!


When it was his actual birthday on Sept 17, Greg had a campout that night, and some of his cousins were out of town so we held off on the birthday cake for another week. But we let him open his presents in the 15 minutes that Greg was actually home, and those pictures are on our video camera that I've forgotten how to work so yeah! He got more Take-along-Thomas train sets, some Lightning McQueen dominos, a McQueen shirt, and the car play mat.

Here's the cake, Axton got to pick out the pan. I need more children just so I can decorate cakes, (or friends who want me to make them one!)!

Next year instead of cake I think I'm going to do brownies or rice krispies instead for the base. We aren't cake people.

I've decided I'm really bad at getting lots of pictures. I have the very basics and nothing else. We waited so all of Greg's siblings and their families could be there and then we got no pictures of any of them. Oh well, I'll try to be better next year.

Things I love about Axton:
1. When he doesn't want something he always says, "No danks" ever so sweetly.
2. If you ask him to say ok he will only say alright.
3. He loves cars and trains, they are the fastest way to his heart and a full out melt down if someone else touches them. He hoards them in nursery, at home, and at other people's home.
4. He loves to be scared. He turns the lights off down the one hall and then Greg hides in one of the 4 rooms. Axton goes and finds him and gets scared out of his pants. It's great fun.
5. He loves to be chased. He is always begging one of us to chase him around the couch.
6. He loves his daddy. When ever Greg comes home the first words out are, "I missed you." He recently said this to Brooklynn who responded, "I know", what a stinker!
7. He gets so animated when he talks or reads a book. I love the faces he makes without knowing it, I need to get those on camera.
8. Even though it is actually really annoying I love it down deep when he says, Mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy...... I usually say what and he just keeps saying mommy, mommy, mommy..... Every once in a while I'll say what and he's saying ummmm I'm thinking as he taps his finger against his cheek/temple.... mommy, mommy, mommy. That's when it starts to get old!
9. He's a cuddler, although he saves most of it for dad. He will say I go na-night with you on the couch, which means he wants to lay down and cuddle with one of us.
10. I love his crazy curly hair even if I do cut it off on occasion, I can't wait for it to grow back.

If he is meant to be our only I'll take it. While I'll never stop wanting more children he is everything we could have asked for all rolled into one. He is a wonderful little boy who is so independant and yet such a lover too. I'm trying to cherish every moment with him and every phase, even the obnoxious ones, because I realize that I may never get to do this again. While he may be missing out on a sibling he is getting so much more time with just Mom and Dad and getting more attention than he otherwise might have. No sharing the spotlight for this one! I'm just sad that he won't always be little enough to hold down and smother him with kisses and tickles.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Axton is such a cute little boy! He is so lucky to have you for a mom! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Kimberly said...

This is such a great post. I second the first person's comment, he IS so lucky to have you as a mom. If you guys end up not being able to have any more of your own, you should definitely adopt. I think everyone needs a sibling. Just my opinion, of course. But seriously, why deprive other kids of having such awesome parents?! ;)