Thursday, October 14, 2010

Idaho Trip

I went to Idaho to see the fam for the first two weeks of September. We didn't do a whole lot which is nice once in a while. We were just trying to get away from the heat and we accomplished that, it was really cold almost the whole time I was there but it was heavenly.

Greg was able to come up half way through our stay for Labor Day. All of my brother's and their families were there too. We got to go to the Idaho State Fair which was fun since I've only been to it 2 other times. We started off the day letting the kids have a little ride.

Axton's ready to go!

Ryleigh getting buckled in.

Off they go



After the rides were done we were off to the petting zoo. Axton loves animals and so this is always a must. He loved feeding any animal that would let him and even got brave and let a goat eat from his hand.





They have lots of little "shops" so of course we have obligatory cowboy hat trying on.


Then we were off to find the food! I don't know how I missed it but I have no pictures of us with our huge tiger ears (aka scones bigger than our heads!), navajo tacos, corndogs, deep fried candy bars, funnel cakes, and anything else we might have got. So instead of the food I have us all relxaing after we ate it all!

Jeanine, Derek, Ryleigh, Brantley, Steve


My mom, Logan, Heidi, Lydia, and Theron


Then it was off to the big rides, only paying $5+ per person for a ride is a bit ridiculous for us in this point in life so we went on ONE ride, the ferris wheel. Greg took Axton and I went with Ryleigh. I was actually very sad that we couldn't do all of the other ones but Greg was thankful, he gets sick rather easily these days. Maybe we'll save up our pennies so we can give the carni's our life savings next year!




After the ride we all went out seperate ways, Theron and his family went home to put the kids to bed, while Brantley and Greg went home to play basketball, my mom went with them with Axton and Ryleigh to babysit so that Derek, Jeanine, Steve, and I could all stay behind and watch the hypnotist show. It was one of the better ones I've been to, and the only one I haven't participated in! Maybe that's why I enjoyed it?!


Overall it was a good day at the fair and I was glad that Greg was able to come up and do it with us.

1 comment:

Christopher and Jana said...

So..obviously we missed you while you were here and I am a little slow to notice! Sorry! Looks like you had fun! Even got to go to the fair! We missed it this year. Glad the trip went well!