Friday, March 18, 2011

It's a .......

Most of you already know from facebook and phone calls but we found out on Wednesday that we are having a GIRL!!! She wouldn't open up for us to see though until the very end, I was afraid we wouldn't find out since she wasn't cooperating. We really, really wanted another boy and if I said I wasn't at least a little disappointed that it was a girl I would be lying. I'm having a really hard time wrapping my head around having a girl since all I know is boys. I grew up with boys, I was a tomboy, most of my friends were boys, and I'm nervous she'll be a girly girl and I won't know what to do with her!

Having said that though I am really excited that we'll have one of each since we don't know what the future holds for us children wise and I really did want a girl, just 2 boys and then a girl would have been ideal! But I am really grateful none-the-less that this day has finally come and we will have our baby! I'm already trying to get used to the idea of a girl and I bought her bedding set today (and a dress to get free shipping!), and am hoping to get matching paint as soon as it comes. Our list of girl names is pretty long, I think we agree on 4, two of which are names of other girls we know so please don't get mad at us if we "borrow" your daughter's name, be flattered PLEASE!

Axton is super excited to be having a sister, it's what he's been saying he wants. I don't think he ever really said he wanted a brother, or if he did it was only once or twice. Greg's sister just had a girl and so Axton has gotten to see her and hold her, I don't think he'll be very interested in her until she's mobile. With Charlotte, we place her in his lap, he looks at her, and than says he's done and off he goes. I know it might change when it's our baby but I really don't see him being too interested.

I'll spare you all the video and instead just do a picture!


I can't wait for August to come. I really am ready for everything that a new addition brings, as long as she's not colicky! I never want to know what that's like!

3 comments:

Amy Baker said...

That is so exciting!! I am so happy for you guys! Ya having a child who has colic is not fun at all. My 1st had it really bad!

Lindsey said...

I'm so excited for you! You will do great, even if she's a girly girl :)

Kylie said...

Wow, you are already like 100 times more prepared than I am, and I only have 11 weeks left! Haha, good luck with the girl, I have two nieces and they are just too fun, I am sure you will love it!