Monday, March 28, 2011

Axton's Bedroom

Axton used to be obsessed with Lightning McQueen so a year ago I had bought a bedding set with him, that he's used this whole time, and then also a wall paper border and wall decals. I never got around to putting them up because I bought them in April and Greg refused to paint while it was hot outside because then we couldn't open windows to air it out. I agreed so we waited, and waited, and waited. Finally I decided Axton would really outgrow everything if we didn't do it soon so I talked Greg into painting last weekend. I had a lot of ambitious plans for his room but decided I didn't have the time, patience, or energy to do what I wanted so we went simple. It turned out pretty good in my opinion and it only took one Saturday.

Axton wanted his room to look like his Uncle Brantley's, as did I, but with simplifying he didn't get any red paint. Everytime he walks in his room now he says, "My room's blue, Uncle Brantley's is blue and red." What can I say, hopefully he'll forget and be happy!


1 comment:

Lindsey said...

It looks good! = )