Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter Candy

Since being pregnant I feel like I don't do very much with Axton. So today I thought I felt up to doing something fun with him. I decided to make chocolate covered pretzels but not the easy way. We got some molds last year that are easter themed- eggs, baskets, bunnies, and butterflies. I always bite off more than I want to chew. Being me I wanted to bring out the details of the molds which made what could have been a half hour, easy project into a 2+ hour project. And the 3 year old didn't care what they looked like as long as he got to eat as we went and of course the final product. Since it was just the two of us I only got pictures of the end product. It was fun to do but next time I'll remember Axton's age and make them more simplistic!




Tonight- easter eggs, and maybe on Saturday easter cookies. The problem is Axton eats most of the goodies we make, with a little help from me, and NO help from Greg. More sugar isn't what my child (or myself) needs. This is why I need lots of children!

3 comments:

Muche said...

These are some high tech bunnies, impressive!!!!

Kelsey Ann said...

Okay I love these. Was it hard? I saw molds for pretzels just the other day at Michaels and wanted to get them, but I thought they wouldn't turn out very pretty. But yours are pretty. Nice job. Maybe I will give it a go.
And...you are pregnant. This means you can eat whatever you want and not feel bad for it. And when you put on a few extra pounds, blame it on the baby:)

Bree said...

It wasn't hard as much as time consuming. And if you want all of the details you really have to pay attention, I forgot about things like I'd start the chicks and then I forgot to finish them, etc. The only other thing is that I ran out of chocolate so make sure to get plenty of all because the backs you can fill in with what ever color you have plenty of as long as the sides are covered in your desired color. Good luck.