Monday, April 11, 2011

Baby's Room

I don't know why I torture myself with painting ideas but I never seem to learn my lesson. They are always so much more work than I expect and half way through I get bored and don't want to finish. So with baby girl's room I gave myself one week to get it finished and put back together. Greg painted on Saturday between conference sessions. Then that night I drew on all of the flowers. I decided to save time and just do them free hand instead of trying to trace like I did the bathroom. I think they turned out quite well, just don't look too closely! Then I spent Mon-Thurs painting them. Some could have used a second coat but truthfully I just couldn't make myself paint anymore. Saturday we (meaning I) went through the closet and got everything organized so that when she comes we'll know right where things are. Her closet is no longer a smorgasbord of random items. Baby stuff only!



We will add her name in wood letters above her bed once we get closer to the day. I think we have agreed on one but Greg says that's only because he hasn't thought of a better one, YET! We'll see what happens. I also need to make her curtains but I think that will have to wait until my mom comes up when she's born so I have someone to help guide me through it all.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Those flowers look amazing! I'm impressed!

Amy Baker said...

The baby's room looks so cute!! Man I wish I had a house that I could decorate my kids rooms!!

Kylie said...

Wow. I am due in 8 weeks and have yet to set up our baby's room. I can't believe you're so on top of this!

Bree said...

Amy- I love owning our own home. I'm slowly getting around to decorating. Luckily kids make some rooms so much easier!

Kylie- We didn't do anything for Axton when he was born. We did his name and hung up different sporty things to match his bedding. Now that we have a home though I have free range and know it will stay how I do it for a few years instead of moving every year. Plus we never broke down our crib or changing table when we moved here since we had the extra room. We really didn't have to do much.