Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Oklahoma Trip

I decided to bite the bullet and go to Oklahoma to see my dad and step-mom WITHOUT Greg. I had been hoping to hold out long enough that the three of us could go but it just wasn't going to happen in the near future. They had never met Axton so Axton and I packed our bags and went to Oklahoma for about 4 days. He is so great when he is around people. The flights were excellent with only a couple of very minor (30 seconds or less) break downs. Food is a great tool with little ones.

Axton got a lot of firsts while we were there. He get got to help steer the Gator (john deere) which was heaven for him since he loves anything with wheels. He was more interested in the Schwans Truck than in me taking his picture.


It didn't take long for Axton to discover the bucket of water that is for the kitties. He had a blast soaking himself day after day in it. Some battles you just won't win so why try? He managed to make a puddle and enjoyed stomping in it and grabbing mud. He quickly learned he didn't like the taste of mud!

On Saturday we went to an Auction and they had this really cute John Deere bike with training wheels. He was obsessed with it from the moment he saw it. Thanks Grandpa for buying it! He really enjoyed trying to push it all by himself and loved being pushed around on it. I think we all got our exercise for the month!




















My parents have an indoor dog that is about as spoiled as they come. Axton found some of his toys and was putting them in Grandpa's boot, one of which was soft beaver (I think). He kept trying to cuddle with the boot and animal.



















He also got to play around on the John Deere tractor (are you noticing a theme yet!). It had all sorts of gadgets to play with.

He also got to try and steer the lawn mower, yep John Deere again! He wasn't so sure of it at first but he really liked going in circles once he got used to it. I have video of it that I might or might not post. Depends on how long he stays asleep!

Another bunch of firsts for him was all of the animals. He is in love with puppies. Here he got to meet their 3 purebred wolves. Only Shadow was brave enough to get close to us. Shanook and Spirit kept their distance although they were curious.

He got to pet and sit on his first horse. They have 4 horses and he loved being by them, but He didn't enjoy being on them as much. Maybe when he gets older.


He also got to see a pig. He thought the sounds it was making was pretty funny and he kept laughing. He didn't want to get too close to it which was great for me because I didn't want to have to keep pulling him back.

He got to meet kitties which I only have a video of. He kept trying to pull their tails and pry open their mouths so he could feel their tongues. Only one really put up with this. That same one also let Axton sit on him (he's become obsessed with sitting on everything and anything), so the kittie wasn't the brightest.


One last thing was the train. You can't see it that well in the picture but trains run by their house several times a day. I wasn't sure if the sound would scare him or not but he ended up laughing when they were there and then crying when they would go out of site. Someday I'll teach him to count the cars, altough we don't see a lot of trains around here.

Overall it was a very good getaway. I won't say vacation because there was nothing relaxing about it. Axton is quite the busybody and loved getting into everything. I had to constantly watch him but it was worth it. Next time though, Greg WILL be coming to help me.

1 comment:

Keri Hennefer said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun, gotta love the farm life! Axton is a cutie, I love the naked pictures. Did you win a handbag, of course I didn't I don't have very good luck!