Thursday, October 23, 2008

Perfect Logic

This is for Greg! For those of you who don't know Greg very well, he is a great debator, why he didn't do it in high school I'll never know. I rarely try to take him on because he has a knack for twisting words to fit his point of veiw and can leave you wondering what just happened! I can never remember what we are arguing about because I get so confused and end up walking away scratching my head.

Easy Example:
We were reading our scriptures together (well I was reading to him and he was trying not to fall asleep). Before we started though I told him at the rate we were going we might finish the BOM in another 3 years!! He said, "there are only 431 pages, it won't take us that long." Then I said it was more like 529 pages. So we looked it up and there are 531. Logic says that I was closest because I was only 2 pages off. But not so. Greg was closest with his reasoning because he had 2 out of the 3 numbers correct making him 66% right and I only had one making me 33% right!

Yep this is how most of our arguements go but they aren't as easy to follow as this one was.

1 comment:

Lark said...

Good luck honey. I have a brother like this, oh and a sister and let's not forget two of your brothers!!! Mom