Thursday, October 9, 2008

Quirks

I got tagged by Kim P to list six of my quirks. I'm not sure you all are ready for this, but here it goes:

1. I make list, after list, after list. I love to write down what needs to be cleaned, what errands I have to run, what I have to buy, what I want to buy someday, goals to accomplish, etc. Sometimes Greg says I have to write a list of the lists to write! I don't have to do it but I like to. I love to see them get scribbled off and know that I have accomplished something. Also sometimes my memory fails me and it's nice to be able to look at something and remember where I was or what I have to do. I have discovered I get more done when I have a list.

2. I get very stressed out when new people are coming over and my house isn't clean, and if it isn't clean when they are here I usually can't relax the whole time they are here because I'm noticing everything that's dirty and thinking they are too. It's not disgustingly dirty but I like to have everything in it's place if I don't really know the people. Once I'm comfortable with you I really don't care. You'll discover sometimes my house is immaculate and other times it looks like a tornado has struck, ya never know what you are going to get. You'll usually find some dishes in my sink, toys all over, and laundry on the couch. What can I say.

3.Sorry Kim P. I have to copy you on at least one thing, the "crack junkie". I used to think popping my knuckles would hurt but I discovered it didn't I quickly started popping everything. My neck, back, elbows, fingers, wrists, knees, ankles, and toes. Just thinking about it makes me want to do it and especially if I hear someone else do it, I can't resist.

4. I can't stand the sound of people brushing their teeth. You can scratch chalk boards all you want but don't brush your teeth around me. I know it doesn't hurt but it sounds so painful to me. This is a recent development, probably the last year or so.

5. Ok Kim I have to copy one more. I love to pop zits, gross I know. The thing is I don't like to just pop mine, I don't have a lot of them which I know is a good thing. The real problem is if I can get ahold of Greg, he is in for it! It drives him nuts but I can't stand to look at them kowing that I could just hurry up and get rid of it for him.

6. I love to smell things. I am no where near as bad as Greg who will probably smell anything. I love to smell books, cars, food, candles, clothes, people, etc. If somebody tells me to smell something I probably will even if I know it is going to reak. The only exception has been when I was pregnant. Then I didn't want to smell anything.

So know that you all probably won't look at me the same way and think that I am a freak, I tag the following so that they can feel exposed like I do:

1. Kim Jones
2. Corina
3. Heidi
4. Jessica
5. Keri
6. Lark

RULES:
-Link the person who tagged you
-List 6 of your quirks
-Tag 6 other bloggers by linking them
-List the rules on your blog

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Reading yours made me think "Darn, I should have included that." We are soooo similar. It's a shame we've never met! [I prefer Kimberly instead of Kim, btw, but no worries, it's no big deal.] :) Anyway, I am the same way about lists 100%. And the house...mine is pretty much always clean, but Mason isn't mobile yet. But it never ails, when someone drops by, that is when the house isn't picked up and I feel embarrassed. I also pick my husbands zits and he hates it. Sometimes when I'm having a bad day he'll let me pop one or two to help make me feel better. ;)