Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Chubby, fat feet!

Axton has always had REALLY big and fat feet. I bought him a couple of pairs of shoes before he was born, and, well, he never wore them because they were too small! He has never been able to wear a pair of shoes for longer than 2 months and the last pair I bought him were extremely hard to find since his feet are fat. Little did I know that there is such a thing as x-wide shoes, not just wide. So I finally went shoe shopping with my friend Jessica who pointed out the shoe store Stride Rite. In the car she had mentioned how expensive they are and I thought no way would I spend $30+ on a pair of shoes he will out grow in a few months. Well so much for that. We went in to have his feet measured and the chunker wears a 6 1/2 (normal they said was about a 5), no wonder his 5s don't fit! And he is definately an x-wide boy. I felt really guilty spending so much money on them so I bought them thinking I will take them back when I find a cheaper pair. After researching on the internet I have discovered that becuase he has such wide feet that I'm pretty much out of luck unless I find them on ebay or a second hand store. All I can say is he better wear these ones for at least 6 months and we better have another boy who will benefit from these!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love that you took a picture of the shoes! They are quite a good looking pair! Gosh, don't you hate spending money like that? Like Axton knows he's got nice shoes on! Good luck with ebay...I'd check amazon and craigslist too. ;)

Heidi said...

Holy Cow! Logan wears a 3. I wish we could get them together sooner!

Kylie said...

They're so cute though!

Bree said...

Yep, I've checked everything I can think to check and they either don't have the right size or they aren't x-wides. I think I'm just hosed but I am keeping my eye out for bigger sizes for the future.