Thursday, November 6, 2008

One more down, a million to go

Please know I do these post for myself and not for any of you unless it makes you feel better to either know that someone struggles with these things also or that you don't and are wonder woman!

So last month I was working on exercise. Thanks to Kim, I think we were both pretty successful. Kim and I have been trading off babysitting in the morning (M-F) so we can each go work out in the gym at our apartment complex, its free so we take advantage while we've got it.

Somedays I hate doing it but I manage to keep going because I want the results and it is so nice to know that someone else (Kim) will know if I did or didn't work out so that motivates me. I've discovered that mentally I'm not that tough. I have a hard time talking myself into doing things like working out, or pushing myself to work out a little longer or harder. It's a curse from track I have decided. Since I only did short races what was the point of working out hard? Also I was pretty good at short races so I didn't have to work really hard to be good which has turned into a curse now that I have no one to compete against. I hope this is something I can change with time and practice.

We had a few bumps in the road with her being sick and me going out of town but overall we did really well. I lost about 3 inches overall and am so excited to keep it going. I didn't really lose any weight but as long as I am getting toned it doesn't really matter to me.

I have also managed to continue to cook almost everyday, we are actually hoping to only eat out ONCE this month which is a huge change for us! That's also to save my sanity from having to cook every night, and it's a money saver!

Next on the agenda: housekeeping :(

Namely laundry. I hate laundry with a passion. I have a tendency to put it in and forget it, until I'm looking for something or need to wash/dry more. It drives Greg crazy because it means that his shirts get wrinkled from staying in the dryer and then he has to iron them or look like a scrub! My bad!! So I am really going to try and do laundry in its entirety!

Don't know what I'll work on next month but something always manages to pop up!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Let the similarity game continue! I also am horrible at exercising! I make excuses for myself constantly. I even have a nice big Nordic Trac Treadmill right in front of a tv in my house! I also did track in high school...and ta-da: I was a sprinter! Weird. I think we may be so much a like, it could get scary as the similarities continue to surface.

Bree said...

I think it's funny, given the fact that Greg had the hots for you and all back in the day! I'm really interested in seeing what else is the same. Maybe someday we'll meet face to face.